Páginas

jueves, 8 de agosto de 2013

THE INFERNAL DEVICES, CLOCKWORK PRINCE




Author: Cassandra Clare
Title: The Infernal Devices, Clockwork Prince
Publisher: Walker Books
Number of pages: 496


Synopsis:
Love and lies can corrupt even the purest heart…
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, while her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will – the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers to who she is and what she was born to do? As their search for the truth leads the three friends into peril, Tessa’s heart is increasingly torn, especially when one of their own betrays them…

Review:
I could not exactly say what Cassandra Clare has to make me adore every single of her works. Those who know me or have had the punishment to stay with me through my reading of the whole series of The Mortal Instruments already know how much caught up I have been with these books. It is maybe because of its easy reading or maybe because I love too much the predictable-romantic stories, but if truth be told, to me reading Cassandra Clare is interesting an above all, it is fun.

I decided to start these three books, The Infernal Devices, after finishing The Mortal Instruments with tearful eyes. At the beginning I thought I should slow down for I was becoming quite obsessed with the Shadowhunter world, but I don’t regret the choice of have started that new adventure.

While in the first book the story centered on the discovery of our most important female character and her arrival to the London Institute and the whole shadowhunter and downworlder world, this second novel deals more about the crossed-feelings of the main characters. Let me explain myself: as in every story, there are the good ones and the evil ones. In the first book we know who the bad guy is and what is he going to use as his weapons to aim his objectives. The drama happens maybe faster than in this second novel, where the author spend more time describing the emotions and feelings of the people who live around the London Institute. They let their walls down and let us know more about their circumstances in life and how they end up being how they are. But regarding the mystery that leads the whole series, everything remains unresolved. That would be the only negative aspect I would highlight, after the whole book and the things they find out, the characters and the readers seem clueless about how this revenge story is going to end, which leads me to the idea that many things will take place in the last book of the series, maybe too many things.


But as I said before, in my opinion this is a great work, entertaining and fun, and of course very lovable for all those who have read The Mortal Instruments, not just because it gives you a little more of that amazing world but because it talks about the ancestors of the most important families mentioned in the series.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario